Which Weaver Theme to Use?
Weaver Xtreme – the future of Weaver Themes
WeaverTheme.com, the developer of the Weaver II WordPress theme, released its theme, Weaver Xtreme , in early 2015. Even after all this time, we continue to get a few questions about which theme to use – Weaver Xtreme, Weaver II, or even Aspen. Here are the short answers:
- Without a doubt, if you are starting a new site, use Weaver Xtreme. It is the newest theme, and has many features to help you design a state of the art website. See the Weaver Xtreme Demo site.
- Weaver Xtreme Plus is the premium upgrade to Weaver Xtreme. It adds over 100 new options to Weaver Xtreme, and includes a shortcode collection useful for building great, functional websites. See the Weaver Xtreme Plus information page.
- If you already use Weaver II or Weaver II Pro, they are still great themes and will be supported with WordPress compatibility updates for some time to come. We can’t promise to keep providing these compatibility updates, however. But Weaver II will not get any new features or other enhancements. We highly discourage anyone building a new site from using Weaver II because Weaver Xtreme is simply better.
- If you want to upgrade from Weaver II to Weaver Xtreme, we’ve provided conversion tools that makes the transition fairly simple.
- Support for the Aspen theme has been be discontinued completely. The goal of Aspen was to provide a simpler version of Weaver II, but that turned out to be a failed experiment. Weaver Xtreme‘s user interface is much more powerful than both Weaver II and Aspen, but also much easier to use. There is a conversion tool for Aspen, as well.
- Weaver Xtreme and Weaver Extreme Plus – Use for all new sites.
- Weaver II and Weaver II Pro – fine for existing sites. Conversion tools available to switch to Weaver Xtreme
- Aspen – Don’t use – support has been discontinued. Conversion tools available.
- More information about Weaver II vs. Weaver Xtreme
- Update Weaver II sites to Weaver Xtreme – A complete solution
- Aspen to Weaver Xtreme Converter
The Weaver Xtreme Plus license
For various marketing decisions, Weaver Xtreme Plus is offered under new licensing terms. Each site with a different URL using Weaver Xtreme Plus needs to be activated using a licensing code. Activation supports automatic updates of the plugin. Licenses are available for a different number of sites – 1, 5, 12, and Unlimited sites. The license expires 18 months after purchase, at which time a renewal discount of at least 30% will be offered. If the activation expires, the Weaver Xtreme Plus plugin will continue to function as before, but will not be updated until the license is renewed. Full details of the license found here.