This is to announce the release of Weaver II 1.0.9 and Weaver II Pro 1.0.9.
- This version has a major new feature – a totally new default menu for phone-sized mobile devices. The previous versions have used a standard pull down menu just like the menu used on a standard browser. While this was very functional, the new version is actually easier to use on a phone-sized device, and takes up less screen real estate. The menu bar now has only two items – a Home page button, and a Menu Slide Open button that opens a vertical menu with all the menu choices shown at once (with menu levels indented). The menu is much easier to read and use on the small screen. The old menu is still available as well.
- There are also some new features for the basic version. The Pre-Header and Post-Footer HTML insert areas are now included with the basic version.
- The auto-hide author label for single-author sites has been changed to hide only after setting an option.
- A new shortcode set – [ weaver_show_if_logged_in ] and [ weaver_hide_if_logged ] in have been added.
- A few minor usability tweaks, and other fixes are included. The changes are described in the release notes.
And after 7 weeks of waiting, Weaver II is finally nearing the top of the WordPress Theme review queue. I hope it will get reviewed within a week or so. Long wait, but it is all done by a few volunteers who went through the busy holiday season just like everyone.
IMPORTANT – Due to the changes in the default mobile menu, you should open the Main Options on the admin tab, and click “Save Settings” to update the CSS and database information. Nothing will break if you don’t, but the mobile menus may not display with the correct background colors until you do this.
As usual, download the latest version here.