Normally, Weaver Xtreme and Weaver Xtreme Plus will be upgraded by the standard WordPress Theme/Plugin update procedure. Occasionally we release versions of the Weaver Xtreme Theme before it has been updated in the official repository, or special test versions of Weaver Xtreme Plus.
After Weaver Xtreme is hosted on the WordPress.org repository, updates will be automatic. The same will be true after the official release of Weaver Xtreme Plus after you register the license.
If you need to update to an early release of Weaver Xtreme or Weaver Xtreme Plus, please follow these instructions:
CRITICAL NOTE: Weaver Xtreme is a THEME, Weaver Xtreme Plus is a PLUGIN. The installation for each is similar, except that you need to use either the WordPress Desktop Themes OR Plugins admin pages.
- Download Weaver Xtreme (the theme) or Weaver Xtreme Plus to your own computer by from the Download page.
- From the WordPress dashboard, open the Themes Tab on the left menu, and click the Install Themes tab. You’ll see the “Install Themes” page. -OR- use the Plugins menu for X-Plus.
- Click the “Upload” item in the top menu. That will open a page that will let you select the file to upload.
- Select the “weaver-xtreme-0-nn.zip” -or- weaver-xtreme-plus-0-8.zip” file you downloaded (the version numbers will change as the software gets updates), and click the “Install Now” button.
- After the file uploads, you’ll be given the choice to activate the theme or plugin, which you should do.
- You should now see an entry for the theme or plugin on the Appearance menu.
Updating Weaver Xtreme and Weaver Xtreme Plus
There are two approaches for updating Weaver Xtreme or Weaver Xtreme Plus. Use whichever you find easiest
Manual Update: Delete Previous Version / Install New Version
- Download the new version of Weaver Xtreme or Weaver Xtreme Plus – same as the earlier instructions.
- Open the Dashboard->Themes page. You’ll see a list of all your installed Themes.
- Now you need to deactivate and deleted the old version of Weaver Xtreme (Plus). For the theme, temporarily switch to a different theme like Twenty Fourteen. For the X-Plus plugin, just deactivate.
- Now use the appropriate Theme/Plugin admin option to delete the old version.
- Now install the new version using the same procedure as in the “Initial Installation” instructions above. You’ll be back in business, with everything working just as it was.
Alternate Installation: Use Easy Theme and Plugin Upgrades plugin
Perhaps the easiest way to update is using an available plugin.
- Upload and activate the Easy Theme and Plugin Upgrades plugin, available at WordPress.org. This plugin adds a new option to the theme (and plugin) upload page.
- Download the latest version of Weaver Xtreme or Weaver Xtreme Plus to your computer, as previously described.
- Go to the upload admin page for themes or plugins. Then set the “Upgrade Existing Theme/Plugin?” to Yes. Now select the Weaver Xtreme or Weaver Xtreme Plus zip file, and install the them normally.
- The theme or plugin will be upgraded. The easy plugin upgrade even keeps a zipped copy of the old version on your site media library.
- You can deactivate the Easy Theme and Plugin Upgrades plugin until the next time you need it.