Announcing a New Version of Weaver Xtreme – Version 4.0.
We are please to announce the upcoming Weaver Xtreme Version 4.0 with many new features. Weaver Xtreme Plus 4.0 is currently available in an Alpha Test version, available for upload on the Beta Version uploads page. Be sure to download both the Weaver Xtreme theme file, and the Weaver Xtreme Theme Support plugin.
Perhaps the biggest news is support for the new WordPress Guttenberg Editor, intended to become the main WordPress Editor later in 2018. Adding complete theme integration with Gutenberg (and Weaver Xtreme is probably the very first theme available on the WordPress theme repository to have full support) allows a much richer experience. You have to try it to see. See the examples of pages built with Gutenberg and Weaver Xtreme: The Weaver Demo and the Welcome to Gutenberg demo included with the Gutenberg plugin.
Note, you don’t have to use Gutenberg, or even a page editor. If you don’t install Gutenberg or a page editor, you won’t see the options. This will probably change when WP 5.0 is released with Gutenberg integrated. Now is a great time to get ahead of the curve!
Weaver Xtreme V4.0 also included new integrated support for the Elementor and SiteOrigin page builders. One significant feature is the capability to replace the standard Weaver Theme Header or Footer area with content built with one of these page builders (or Gutenberg, for that matter!). All elements of the standard Weaver Xtreme header or footer are replaced with the specified page or post content. You can still keep the standard Weaver Xtreme header menus – something so far lacking from page builders. There also is a new theme page template that allows you to easily use the page builder content for a page without adding any extra theme options for the content area.
The Customizer interface has undergone significant revision to make it easier and faster to use. Many users will be able to create great looking pages without leaving the Basic interface level.
Here’s a list of the changes added to Weaver Xtreme V4.0 so far. Others are planned before final release.
- New: Complete style integration with the Gutenberg Editor plugin. Gutenberg will be the new editor to be included with WordPress 5.0.
- New: Added new WP alignfull and alignwide support. Many areas and items now have wide and full choices for their Align option.
- New: Added FI location: bg parallax full width
- New: Header Logo Links to home
- New: Add Site Title to Left Side of Primary Menu
- New: Add Search Icon to Right Side of Primary Menu
- New: Improved Search Box – Former Icon Selections removed, just used font colors now
- New: New Global Site Layout Options for Header/Container/Footer: fullwidth, stretched, boxed, custom
- New: Changed Expand full width description to Stretch
- New: New Minimum Height for improved Parallax Control: Minimum Header Height, Minimum Post Height, Minimum Single Page Height
- New: Extensive new integration with Elementor and SiteOrigin page builders:
- “Your Page Builder Plugin” page template
- New Per Page support for page builder as header/footer replacement
- Global Elementor color scheme replacement
- New: Auto-save of Menu definitions and Widgets used when switching themes
- New: Brand new set of subthemes, and a new default subtheme
- Change: Significant Improvement of Customzer Interface Levels.
- Names changed to: Basic, Standard, Full.
- Customizer menus reorganized for new levels.
- Basic Level contains better set of options. Many users will never need to use higher levels.
Other features to be added before final release
- New Google fonts
- Even more improvement to the Customizer organization