There are several plugins developed by WeaverTheme.com to support Weaver Xtreme. There really is no minimum set of plugins you must have, but, here in order of importance, are the plugins avaiable to work with Weaver Xtreme.
- Weaver Xtreme Theme Support – the most significant support provided by this plugins is support for all the Per Page and Per Post options. Many people consider these options absolutely essential. They are not included directly with the theme because of requirements imposed by WordPress.org on what can be included with a theme. The plugin also provides 15 or so shortcodes, including and to control display of content on different devices and different conditions. This plugin is pretty much essential.
- Weaver Show Posts – if you would like to use your site as a CMS, then this plugin, coupled with the Page with Posts template allows you to selectively display Post filtered by different conditions (category name, tag, order, etc) anywhere on your site.
- Weaver Xtreme Plus – This is our premium plugin, and provides lots of cool and powerful features. See http://plus.weavertheme.com for a description of the new features. It is not essential, but can save hours of your time if you need/want its feature for your site.
- Weaver Show Sliders – If you want a slide show, then this plugin has lots of options for controlling your display and is compatible with Weaver Xtreme and Weaver Show Posts. * See note below.
If you are upgrading from Weaver II to Weaver Xtreme, then two other plugins are likely to be helpful.
- Weaver Themes Shortcode Compatibility - The names of the shortcodes supported by Weaver II (e.g., [weaver_youtube], etc.) have had their names changed in Weaver Xtreme, and this plugin allows you to continue to use the old names for most of the old shortcodes with out needing to edit all your content. Not all old shortcodes are supported.
- Weaver II to Weaver Xtreme – this plugin will convert your old Weaver II and Weaver II Pro settings to be used by Weaver Xtreme and Weaver Xtreme Plus Plugin. The conversion is usually 95% or more complete, but some manual tweaking is almost certainly required since Weaver Xtreme is totally new, and has a different internal HTML structure, plus a bunch of really great new features that you will want to take advantage of. Once the conversion has been completed, you can deactivate/remove this plugin. More details on the conversion are available here: Upgrading Weaver II to Weaver Xtreme and Converting from Weaver II and Aspen to Weaver Xtreme.
* Note: The previous ATW Show Sliders Pro has been discontinued. The newest version Weaver Show Posts (free), has all the options previously contained in ATW Show Posts Pro. Settings are compatible, and you should deactivate/delete your ATW Show Posts Pro and install Weaver Show Posts instead.
Weaver Theme Version 1.1.1 has been released on WeaverTheme.com. It should be available within a week on WordPress.org. Download Weaver Xtreme 1.1.1 Now To enhance the “Borders on Submenus” option added to 1.1, this version also adds “Rounded Corners” for … Continue reading →
We are pleased to announce the release of Weaver Xtreme Version 1.0.2. This version has only a few bug fixes, but has added several great new features! This version is available for immediate download from WeaverTheme.com, or will be available … Continue reading →
As you may have seen in other posts, we are dropping support for the Aspen Theme. Fortunately, you don’t have to give up on your site design, or start over, to retain all the design flexibility supported by the Aspen … Continue reading →